Welcome to The Intuitive Painting Place

The name of this art studio is now TiP Expressive Arts. Send email to Beverly@TipArts.com or visit website at http://www.TipArts.com. Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Connecting with Creativity




 What do you do to center yourself or try to make peace with the world?

When someone asked me this today, my mind immediately went to typical responses to this type of question.

  • Pray
  • Dance
  • Garden
  • Write....
Blah, Blah, Blah....

But those replies did not feel good so I went deeper into my thoughts about how to truly answer that question. Even though my response might have come across as short and flippant, I replied,

"Well, last night I sailed around in the moonlit sky on the wings of a dragon."

That is all I said. And it was enough. The person I was talking to got it. 

A joyful swirl started spinning inside of my heart as I thought about what it might  feel like to soar with a powerful dragon amongst the stars in a moonlit sky. I felt centered and at peace with the world in that moment because my imagination took me on an unexpected dive into Creativity.

Most of us feel more engaged, alive and centered when we are in a creative mode.  It brings us into the present moment and takes us away from memories of long ago or worries about the future. We get grounded into where life really happens. The here and now.

There are many ways that creativity can show up in our lives every day but we often fail to give ourselves over to the process. Since our fast paced world tends to favor accomplishment over indulging in process, we focus on scratching things off of our "To Do" list and then watch television or play video games to recover from exhaustion.  Little snippets of creativity are sprinkled into our lives day after day but we don't get to savor them or build on them. Life is pushing us forward too quickly. 

Intuitive painting allows you to take time away from the hustle and bustle to connect with your creativity. There is nothing to figure out ahead of time, no rules to learn, no agenda to follow. You simply slow down, sit before a canvas and PLAY with color. From there, the sky is the limit. Actually, that's not true. There are no limits, not even the sky. You are free to go any where your heart calls you to go.  Giving yourself full permission to freely paint and play is all that is required.  

Intuitive painting is just one way of connecting with creativity. How do you connect with your creativity? (would love for you to leave a comment and tell me. I really want to know! Thanks!) 

Blessings,
Beverly

"On the deepest level we are all artists...and every last one of us is a creator."

No comments: